Mr. Rovshen Nurmuhamedov
This project aims to integrate Turkmenistan’s obligations under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) into its national development and sectoral planning frameworks. This integration will be done through renewed and participative biodiversity planning process. More specifically, the project will ensure a participatory stocktaking exercise on biodiversity planning to develop national biodiversity targets, to integrate new aspects of the CBD into the national Strategic Action Plan and establish new national framework for resource mobilization, reporting and other aspects of CBD national implementation.
The project will be implemented by relevant ministries under the general coordination by the Ministry of Nature Protection of Turkmenistan.
· held an Inception Workshop to initiate the participatory planning process
· reviewed the planning process, achieved results and shortfalls of the BSAP planning process
· developed the principles and methodology on new ways of technical cooperation with the government of Turkmenistan
· developed methodology and performed national exercise of economic valuation of ecosystem services with developing capacity on economic valuation
· with the wide stakeholder participation, designed national Aichi targets and defined the national biodiversity conservation strategy
· performed development of action plan within environmental and production sectors, including agricultural, water management, oil and gas, transport, construction, fishery, tourism and environmental protection
· fulfilled the reporting under the Convention of Biodiversity, including 5th national report and 2nd report on Cartagena protocol.
· created and being enriched the CHM (clearing house mechanism) of the country to exchange biodiversity information
· for CHM administration, the team of local specialist is trained
· started the development of the detailed plans for each sector to implement the biodiversity strategy, including capacity needs assessment
· Project publications are here
|Donor||Amount contributed, USD|
|Global Environment Facility||220,000|